The appliance repairer is responsible for maintaining and repairing the various components (mechanical, electrical and electronic) of domestic or commercial household appliances such as clothes dryers, washers, stoves, dishwashers, refrigerators, freezers, microwave ovens, waste grinders and compactors, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, etc.). The appliance repairer (or appliance repair technician) works most often at the customer's premises directly. He may have to do some more important work in his workshop.
Training to become a repairer of household appliances
The professional training for a repairer or repair technician of household appliances in Quebec is the Diploma of Professional Studies in Repair of Household Appliances.
To receive a diploma of vocational studies (DEP) in repair of household appliances
The appliance repair DEP is 1,350 hours long and includes 26 skills to acquire for 90 credits:
To become a professional, the training process includes the following:
- Perform general workshop work
- Repair single-phase motors
- Perform electrical circuit assembly
- Repair crushers and waste compactors
- Apply concepts associated with management and human relations
- Repair electric ranges
- Use computer equipment
- Repairing washers
- Apply notions of electronics
- Repairing clothes dryers
- Repairing dishwashers
- Apply refrigeration techniques
- Troubleshoot microprocessor-controlled digital devices
- Repair refrigerators and freezers
- Repair air conditioners and dehumidifiers
- Integrate into the workplace
- Apply notions of sequential logic
- Apply notions of combinatorial logic
- Analyze a DC circuit
- Analyze an AC circuit
- Use plans and technical manuals
- Repair microwave ovens
- Reply to service calls
- Apply notions of health and safety at work
- Use job search methods
There is only one training center in Quebec: Antoine-de-St-Exupéry Vocational Training Center.
The salary of the repairers in electrical appliances
The salary of an appliance technician can vary according to his experience and the size of the company for which he works for or if he is self-employed. Generally, we are talking about an average salary of $43,000 a year.
Job prospects are acceptable.
Find your first customers for appliance repairs
If you've made the choice to start your appliance repair business, you'll need to quickly find customers for urgent residential and commercial repairs. HelpMee.ca allows you to receive daily service requests to repair appliances. It's quick and easy!
UNE URGENCE ?