After heavy rains or during a thaw, it is common to see water leaks through the roof of a house or building. Water leaks will cause serious damage to materials if not corrected quickly.
The origins of a water leak from the roof
Water does not seep through a roof. Different factors will influence the state of a roof:
- poor maintenance of the roof,
- the natural wear of the roof (no, the roofs are not eternal),
- parts of the roof broken or torn by wind or ice,
- a defect in construction or repair.
Signs of water infiltration from the roof
You will see various signs that your roof is leaking. The water leak on your roof could:
- spot stains or mildew on your ceiling;
- take off paint on a wall or curl the wall;
- give off an unpleasant smell in the room;
- rot wood elements.
What to do in case of water infiltration from the roof
From the first signs, it is recommended to call a roofer. The sooner you call on a roofing contractor to repair your roof urgently, the sooner you limit the damage and thus the costs.
Find a contractor to repair a roof
Our roofing partners are available to help you with your leaking roof. By completing a service request, you will find in a few minutes a trusted roofer who will repair your roof quickly.
UNE URGENCE ?