The property inventory will be requested by your insurer in the event of a claim in order to prove the value of the property that you have when making your claim. It is an important document that needs to be kept up to date.
What your property inventory should contain
Your inventory should contain the following information:
- the date of purchase of the property
- the make and the model number
- the price paid at the time of purchase
- a copy of the purchase invoice
- a photo or a video in which the property appears
Inventory models of goods
Ideally, your inventory will be in an Excel file or using a web or mobile application. Your inventory Excel file must be saved elsewhere than on your computer to be accessible in case of disaster.
Here are some easy and very practical tools to use:
- Excel file to download from Info Assurance: http://www.infoassurance.ca/en/documents/inventaires-biens/
- Electronic tool in Excel format of the Injury Insurance Chamber
- CBien (web and mobile platform) www.cbien.com
- Know Your Stuff www.knowyourstuff.org
Do you have any other advice to give to make an inventory of property?
Tell us about your ideas and tips to make an inventory of property in the comment section.
AN EMERGENCY ?